Limerick has a population of about 90,000 and its city charter was granted in 1197AD, making it older than London!


As our tour crosses the River Shannon – Ireland’s longest river – there are views of King John’s Castle to the right. The castle was completed in c.1200 and marks the origins of the city. Limerick’s most famous author, Frank McCourt, grew up here and the city provided the setting for his book, ‘Angela’s Ashes’. We will pass the GAA grounds of Páirc na nGael – the home ground of County Limerick’s Hurling and Gaelic Football teams. Limerick is also the home of Irish Rubgy and the rugby grounds – Thomond Park – are located nearby.  


See our different tours that visit Limerick.